In using this website you may provide information about yourself. Any such information will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation. No personal information I collect is sold to any third party, nor shared with any third party except as described below.
Legislation requires me to identify the lawful basis applicable for my collection and use of personal data. This website has the sole purpose of (a) providing a platform for my blog about poetry and (b) making my books or other publications available for purchase. I have reviewed the various legal bases for the collection and processing of data and have concluded that in my case such collection and processing is in my legitimate interest for achieving the above objects.
If you have any questions arising from this notice, please contact me at my email address shown under the Contact heading.
The personal data I collect and process
I collect information from you when you use this website, purchase books or other publications through it or agree to sign up to emails of my blog. This information will be of different kinds, but may include details of:
– your identity (name, title etc.);
– how to contact you;
– your bank account and payment card details;
– transactions you have previously undertaken with me;
– your IP address and technology used to access this website;
– how you use this website, including your communication preferences.
Some of this data will be provided by you directly – for example, when completing an order or signing up to emails. Details of your interaction with our site may be gathered by cookies, server logs or similar technologies.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit, and which contain information about you. They are widely used in order to track a visitor’s use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
How I use your personal data
I will only use your personal data:
– where I need to perform a contract with you;
– where I need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
– where you have given your express consent.
Your consent is sought before I send you any communications on a regular basis. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time by sending me an email..
Sharing of your information
I do not sell personal data to any third party. However, there may be third parties with whom your personal data will be shared. These will be :
– service providers acting as processors based in the United Kingdom who provide IT and system administration services.
– authorities such as HM Revenue & Customs or other regulators who may require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Personal information will be kept indefinitely for the purposes specified above unless and until you request that it be deleted or otherwise withdraw your consent.
Concerns you may have
If you have any concerns whatsoever about any information I may hold about you, please contact me. If there is no response that you consider satisfactory, you have the right to address your concern to the Information Commissioner’s office. Details of how to do this can be found online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.